Workshop INTA on ACTA
|See our dossier on ACTA, a list of NGOs, politicians, academics, etc. against ACTA, counter-arguments to answer those defending ACTA, and a 2 minute video on ACTA.
To be informed about the next steps to urge Members of the European Parliament to reject ACTA, send a blank email to NOtoACTAemail@example.com to subscribe to our list.
To discuss ACTA, subscribe to our discussion list by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We won't use your email for anything else.
Paul-Henri Spaak Building
Thursday, 1 March 2012
From 15.00 to 18.30
How to attend
Download and fill the registration form, then send it to
You'll be given a badge at your arrival at the European Parliament
Don't forget your ID !
- 15:00 : Welcome and introduction to the workshop by INTA Chairman Prof. Vital MOREIRA
- 15:15: A comprehensive assessment of the “Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement” (ACTA) and the EU IPR protection and enforcement-related trade policies.
- 16.15: Presentation of the European Parliament’s External Study entitled “The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement” (Policy Department, 2011)
Speakers: Prof. Anselm Kamperman SANDERS (Maastricht University) Prof. Dalindyebo SHABALALA (Maastricht University)
The presentation will be followed by comments from the European Commission represented by Mr Pedro VELASCO MARTINS
- 17.15: Specific aspects of ACTA
The EU acquis and ACTA: Are civil liberties under threat? - What will be the likely impact of ACTA on EU Member States’ national legislation on IPR enforcement?
Speakers: Dr Olivier VRINS (ALTIUS Lawyers), Mr Rupert SCHLEGELMILCH (Director, European Commission, DG Trade) or Mr Anders JESSEN (Head of Unit, European Commission DG TRADE)
Is ACTA likely to restrict access to medicines in developing countries? Is ACTA a potential danger for trade in generic drugs?
Speakers: Dr Meir PUGATCH (University of Haifa), Mr Rupert SCHLEGELMILCH (Director, European Commission, DG Trade) or Mr Anders JESSEN (Head of Unit, European Commission DG TRADE)
- 18.15 Concluding remarks by INTA rapporteur
- 18.25 Closure of the workshop by INTA Chairman Prof. Vital MOREIRA