Workshop INTA on ACTA : Différence entre versions
|Ligne 7 :||Ligne 7 :|
Version du 2 mars 2012 à 13:22
||The European Parliament rejected ACTA by a huge majority, today Wednesday 4th of July. Now, it is time to start a positive reform of copyright to adapt it to the digital era.
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
To ensure further victories and continued action, please support La Quadrature, by making a donation or by helping out.
To discuss ACTA, subscribe to our discussion list by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We won't use your email for anything else.
WARNING ! Room has changed: Room JAN 4Q2
Thursday, 1 March 2012
From 15.00 to 18.30
Be there at least an hour before, as it seems a lot of persons will attend the workshop. First arrived, first served ! You will also have to register your name in order to ask questions during the debate.
Online Video Stream
Workshop is announced to be live broadcasted and translated on the EU Website!.
How to attend
Download and fill the registration form, then send it to
You'll be given a badge at your arrival at the European Parliament
Don't forget your ID !
Programme of the 28 February 2012 (not the workshop)
28 February :
- 11:30 : Press Conference : David MARTIN - INTA Rapporteur - and Christofer FJELLNER - INTA shadow rapporteur
- 12:30 : Hand-over of a petition on ACTA to the Chairman of Committee on Petitions (PETI), https://memopol.lqdn.fr/europe/parliament/deputy/ErminiaMazzoni/ Erminia MAZZONI]
- 15:00 : Committee on Industry, Research and Energy (ITRE) (15:00 - 18:30 : Exchange of views) (ITRE/7/07705)
- And 29 February - 15:00 : Committee on International Trade meeting (INTA)
Programme of the workshop
- 15:00 : Welcome and introduction to the workshop by INTA Chairman Prof. Vital MOREIRA
- 15:15: A comprehensive assessment of the “Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement” (ACTA) and the EU IPR protection and enforcement-related trade policies.
- 16.15: Presentation of the European Parliament’s External Study entitled “The Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement” (Policy Department, 2011)
Speakers: Prof. Anselm Kamperman SANDERS (Maastricht University) Prof. Dalindyebo SHABALALA (Maastricht University)
The presentation will be followed by comments from the European Commission represented by Mr Pedro VELASCO MARTINS
- 17.15: Specific aspects of ACTA
The EU acquis and ACTA: Are civil liberties under threat? - What will be the likely impact of ACTA on EU Member States’ national legislation on IPR enforcement?
Speakers: Dr Olivier VRINS (ALTIUS Lawyers), Mr Rupert SCHLEGELMILCH (Director, European Commission, DG Trade) or Mr Anders JESSEN (Head of Unit, European Commission DG TRADE)
Is ACTA likely to restrict access to medicines in developing countries? Is ACTA a potential danger for trade in generic drugs?
Speakers: Dr Meir PUGATCH (University of Haifa), Mr Rupert SCHLEGELMILCH (Director, European Commission, DG Trade) or Mr Anders JESSEN (Head of Unit, European Commission DG TRADE)
- 18.15 Concluding remarks by INTA rapporteur
- 18.25 Closure of the workshop by INTA Chairman Prof. Vital MOREIRA
- Here is the answer of Mister Vital Cabinet: "Following your below mentioned e-mail, please be kindly informed that the workshop on ACTA will be web streamed on the European Parliament's site and you will be able to follow it on one of the languages available for interpretation. You just have to access the European Parliament's official website at the hour of the workshop (from 3:00 pm until 6:30 pm)."
- Source (PDF)