TISA - Trade in Services Agreement
This agreement is currently being negotiated between the European Union and twenty one other countries. It covers issues on:
It continues the negotiations begun within the Doha Round (launched 2001) and GATS.
Negotiating partners are: the European Union and twenty one WTO members: Australia, Canada, Chile, Chinese Taipei, Colombia, Costa Rica, Hong Kong China, Iceland, Israel, Japan, the Republic of Korea, Mexico, New Zealand, Norway, Panama, Paraguay, Pakistan, Peru, Switzerland, Turkey and the USA.
"This future trade in services agreement should be based on the General Agreement on Trade in Services ("GATS"), and is meant to advance the stalled multilateral negotiations carried out under the umbrella of the World Trade Organisation ("WTO") with those countries that are willing to continue negotiations on trade in services." (source: http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/countries-and-regions/agreements/index_en.htm)
Related institutions, negotiations and agreements:
- To understand the relationship between the EU and the WTO: http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/eu-and-wto/
- Doha Round also known as Doha Development Agenda (DDA) - official page
- TRIPS - Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights. official page
- GATS - General Agreement on Trade in Services - official page
- TTIP - Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership