TRIPS Agreement - Trade-Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights
- Related institutions, negotiations and agreements
- To understand the relationship between the EU and the WTO: http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/eu-and-wto/
- WIPO - World Intellectual Property Organization - official page
- GATS - General Agreement on Trade in Services
- TAFTA - Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership (TTIP)
- TRIPS - Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights.
- Round of Negotiations:
Applies to WTA members. Effective since 1996.
International agreement administered by the World Trade Organization (WTO) that sets down minimum standards for many forms of intellectual property (IP) regulation as applied to nationals of other WTO Members. It was negotiated at the end of the Uruguay Round of the General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) in 1994.
Related LQDN dossiers
- ACTA - Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
- IPRED EU Directive on the enforcement of intellectual property rights