Preparatory work for a new european commission
From La Quadrature du Net
Jump to navigationJump to search
Revision as of 18:01, 29 September 2014 by Piks3l (Created page with "This page is intended to gather the preparatory works for the campaign before the nomination of a new European Commission. == 2014 - 2019 Commission == === Description of th...")
This page is intended to gather the preparatory works for the campaign before the nomination of a new European Commission.
2014 - 2019 Commission
Description of the candidates commissioners
- Nationality: Swedish
- Political Groupe: ALDE
- Portfolio: Trade
- Responsible or associated committees: INTA - Committee on International Trade (RC)
- Focus points on the mission letter:
- Continuing to engage fully in the World Trade Organisation and multilateral trade processes. The EU must continue to champion global and multilateral action in this field and push the post-Bali work programme and multilateral negotiations forward.
- Working towards a reasonable and balanced Transatlantic Trade and Investment Partnership with the United States of America, which neither threatens Europe’s safety, health, social and data protection standards, nor jeopardises our cultural diversity. I will ask you to enhance transparency towards citizens and the European Parliament during all steps of the negotiations. Our aim must be to conclude the negotiations on a reciprocal and mutually beneficial basis.
- Taking forward the various bilateral and regional negotiations which have been launched and considering whether new negotiations should be launched.
- Developing, in close cooperation with the Vice-President for Jobs, Growth, Investment and Competitiveness, a strong foreign direct investment policy.
- Taking stock of the use of our trade defence instruments so that we can decide on the best way forward.
- Working closely with the High-Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy/Vice-President, the Commissioner for International Cooperation and Development and the Commissioner for Migration and Home Affairs to strengthen the EU’s strategic partnership with Africa.