2017 Telecom Package
The Telecom Package (link to procedure file) is a group of EU texts to reform EU telecom regulation. A new package was adopted in 2008, find back the archives on the or in the main page on this subject.
The European Commission proposed 5 texts within this new Telecom Package, among which 3 legislative text and 2 communications:
- Draft Directive on an European Electronic Communication Code
- Draft Regulation on the Body of European Regulators of Electronic Communications (BEREC)
- Draft Regulation on the promotion of Internet connectivity in local communities and public spaces (WiFi4EU)
- Communication on 5G Action Plan and Staff Working Document
- Communication and Staff Working Document on Gigabit Connectivity
LQDN is essentially working on the European Electronic Communications code.
- 26: Public hearing on the review of the framework for electronic communications in the Industry committee of the European Parliament (ITRE)
- Presentation of telecoms proposals in ITRE for the European Electronic Communications code.
- 22-23: consideration of the draft report of the European Electronic Communications code in ITRE
28: Deadline for tabling amendments for the European Electronic Communications code in ITRE
24-25: consideration of amendments for the European Electronic Communications code in ITRE
- 10: debate on the amendments of the report on the framework for electronic communications
22: vote in ITRE for the European Electronic Communications code
- 11: vote in commission of Industry, Research and Energy of the European Parliament of the European Electronic Communication code (ITRE)
- 4 : Vote en commission du Marché intérieur (IMCO) ;
- 11 : Vote en commission de l’industrie du Parlement européen du Code européen des communications électroniques (ITRE).
- 12 : Vote en plénière du règlement WiFi4EU
General position of La Quadrature du Net
On the rapporteur's report
- From bad to worse: the del Castillo Report on the European Electronic Communication Code - The rapporteur for the European Parliament on the European Electronic Communication Code intends to make Europe retreat from the way to a free, developed, fair digital society.
On negotiated versions
- Letter to EU Institutions: WIFI4EU must promote diversity, locality and Human rights - 22/05/2017: Open letter of various community networks on the draft regulation WIFI4EU
- Under the hood: Vote for a decentralised telecom infrastructure! - 8/06/2017: Publication of an analysis on the current texts with factsheets
- Public consultation on the analysis of the High and Very High Speed markets: accelerate the investment in optic fibre and encourage the digitalisation of French companies (http://www.arcep.fr/index.php?id=8571&no_cache=1&tx_gsactualite_pi1[uid]=2035&tx_gsactualite_pi1[annee]=&tx_gsactualite_pi1[theme]=&tx_gsactualite_pi1[motscle]=&tx_gsactualite_pi1[backID]=26&cHash=b69abcb19bcec53012e7cca999975713 ). Summary by NextINPact.