Here is the beginning of a list of international agreements (beyond intra-European agreements), concluded, abandoned or re-surrected that touch on LQDN dossiers, in particular copyirght and personal data. Separate from the national legislative projects, and the European-wide projects, these international agreements can put in place mechanisms in favour or detrimental to citizen freedom.
- ACTA - Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (rejected by the European Parliament in 2006) between the US and the EU.
- CETA - Comprehensive Economic and Trade Agreement (negotiation finished in 2013) between Canada and the EU.
- GATS - General Agreement on Trade in Services (in force since 1995) between WTO members.
- TAFTA - Transatlantic Free Trade Agreement (also known as TTIP) (2013 - ) between the US and the EU.
- TiSA - Trade in Services Agreement - (2013 - ) between some WTO members.
- TRIPS - Agreement on Trade Related Aspects of Intellectual Property Rights (in force since 1994 with GATT) between WTO members.
- WTO - World Trade Organisation
- To understand the relationship between the EU and the WTO: http://ec.europa.eu/trade/policy/eu-and-wto/
- International Center for Settlement of Investment Disputes (ICSID) official page
- useful list of bilateral agreements since the early 70s.
- GATT - General Agreement Tariffs and Trade
- IMF - International Monetary Fund
- WIPO - World Intellectual Property Organization - official page
- World Bank