ACTA Informations [ ]
|How to act against ACTA|
|Video on ACTA|
|The final text|
|Comment agir contre ACTA|
|Prises de positions contre ACTA (anglais)|
|Vidéo sur ACTA|
|Tous les articles|
|Le texte final|
||The European Parliament rejected ACTA by a huge majority, today Wednesday 4th of July. Now, it is time to start a positive reform of copyright to adapt it to the digital era.
In this regard, La Quadrature du Net's platform of proposals provides a thorough analysis of the key stakes and a consistent set of proposals, for the copyright reform as well as related culture and media policy issues.
To ensure further victories and continued action, please support La Quadrature, by making a donation or by helping out.
To discuss ACTA, subscribe to our discussion list by sending a blank email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We won't use your email for anything else.
ACTA (Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement) or ACAC (Accord Commercial Anti-Contrefaçon)
For any action/information on ACTA, see ACTA page on the EFF citizen group.
- "Impact of counterfeiting on international trade" initiative report by the INTA Committee, reported by Gian Luca Susta
This initiative report isn't a law (directive) but might have some political impact in the process of negociating the ACTA treaty.
- Timeline for Susta report
- JURI opinion Vote in committee 4 November 2008
- INTA report Vote in committee 6 November 2008
- Plenary vote 3-4 December 2008
- U.S. offers peek at proposed copyright treaty
- Classified US, Japan and EU ACTA trade agreement drafts, 2009
- Treaty text is 'state secret'
- ffii's analysis
- EFF issues page on ACTA
- leaked drafts of the ACTA treaty on wikileaks.
- European Commission seeks mandate to negotiate major new international anti- counterfeiting pact
- William Patry, google's judicial advisor on copyright issues, writes in three parts about the method of circumventing national legislations by means of international treaties :
- Intellectual Property Watch: Speculation Persists On ACTA As First Official Meeting Concludes
- ACTA on wikipedia
- Mike Masnick sur Techdirt : We Need More Sunlight On ACTA: Where Is The Mainstream Press?
- Jamie King sur IQSensato : The Proposed Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA): Global Policy Implications
- James Love sur Huffington Post : The Counterfeit Treaty
- Michael Geist calls for transparency on The Star: Transparency needed on ACTA
- Aaron Shaw sur KES : The Problem with the Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (and what to do about it)
- on KEI RIAA Suggestions for content of ACTA
- on slashdot Purported ACTA Wishlist Would Put DMCA To Shame
For links in french, see ACTA_fr.
US Trade Representative Meeting on ACTA in Washington DC (Sept. 22)
The Office of the U.S. Trade Representative and the Department of Commerce announced Sept. 5 that USTR and Commerce are organizing a public meeting to consult with interested parties on the negotiation of an Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (73 Fed. Reg. 51,860 (Sept. 5, 2008)).
The meeting is aimed at receiving comments from stakeholders regarding this initiative.
The meeting will be held on Sept. 22 from 10 a.m. to 12 noon at the Department of Commerce, Herbert C. Hoover Building, 1401 Constitution Avenue, N.W., Washington, D.C. 20230. The meeting will take place in the main auditorium.
USTR in October announced that the United States, along with a group of trading partners, would pursue negotiation of a new Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement (ACTA) to enhance international leadership in the fight against counterfeiting and piracy.
Prior registration is required. To register, send all required information by Sept 17 to the following e-mail address: Amanda.Wilson@mail.doc.gov. Required information for U.S. citizens: full name and name of organization (if appropriate). Required information for non-U.S. citizens: full name, gender, title, name of organization (if appropriate), date of birth, place of birth, passport number, place of residence, place of citizenship. All attendees must bring a government- licensed photo identification upon arrival. Those who wish to present their positions in writing may send their comments electronically no later than Sept 17 to the following e-mail address: ACTA@ustr.eop.gov