Discussion:Telecoms Package Campaign
German Translation - work in progress / Traduction allemand:
I thought I'd start with the translation here on discussion and copy it back once it's finished
This part is still not translated:
I tried to machine translate this page for the dutch/french parts but bablefish throws up a report back page as oppose to a translation???
Is there anybody translating the PDF "Telecom Package Warning Document" yet? If not, I would start, but don't want to lose my time in sth already existing... -- 22.214.171.124 3 juillet 2008 à 10:20 (UTC)
Are there sources for the summaries in the PDF? --- 126.96.36.199 3 juillet 2008 à 10:37 (UTC)
Phone call example
- Hello, i am ... , living in ..., I am calling you today regarding the Telecom Package, as I understand mrs/mr MEP is working on it, and there is an important vote on July the 7th. (let your correspondent introduce herself, give her opinion and infos on the question, etc.)
- I have sent sent you an email outlining my concerns, published by La Quadrature du Net. did you read it yet?
- depending on what your correspondent answers:
- If she didn't read it:
It explains that instead of protecting the consumer, the telecom package directives could allow surveillance and control over the internet, loss of control of personal data, by means such as the "graduated response" of the french president Sarkozy. What do you think about that?
- If she did read it:
What do you think of its conclusions that, instead of protecting the consumer, the telecom package directives could allow surveillance and control over the internet, by means such as the "graduated response" of the french president Sarkozy?
- Depending the MEP you're in relation with:
- If she's a member of IMCO or ITRE committee
Will Mrs/Mr MEP vote against those dispositions, and specifically the amendements H1, K1, K2, H2, on the 7th July vote? (Ask for a strong commitment or the reasons for a refusal)
- If she's a group president
Will Mrs/Mr MEP ask to the members of IMCO or ITRE commitee from the GroupName group to reject those dispositions, and especially amendments H1, K1, K2, and H2, on the 7th july vote? (Ask for a strong commitment, or the reasons of a refusal)
- If she isn't member of IMCO or ITRE committee.
Will Mrs/Mr MEP explain the problem to her/his colleages from IMCO or ITRE committee so those dispositions be rejected, and especially amendments H1, K1, K2, H2, ... On the 7th july vote? (Ask for a strong commitment, or the reasons of a refusal)
- Thank you for your attention. I may send you complimentary informations by email, and call you again if needed. Don't hesitate to contact me if you have questions, or directly to La Quadrature du Net by sending an email to contact AT laquadrature.net. Have a nice day!
report from July 7th vote in IMCO
The report was adopted by a large majority: 38 in favour, 2 against, no abstentions.
- All CA 1-7 were adopted by a large majority.
- The extension of the "must carry" obligations were adopted (am Toubon/Vergnaud248-250)
- Am 106 (Brie/Rizzo) on the definition (publicly available telephone services) was rejected
- Am 108 (Plefuezuelos/Segu) on the definition (publicly available telephone services) was adopted
- CA 2 on Art 20 (Contracts) was adopted and the oral am to it (tabled by Vergnaud) was defeated (addition to art. 20(2) (b) of words: for network management purposes), so all other ams to art. 20 fell, including am 160 (Busoi)
- CA 3 on transparency and publication of information was adopted, similarly to CA2, identical oral amendment was rejected
- CA 5on net neutrality was adopted, all remaining ams to that art (22.3) fell (including am 199, ITRE 29, 198, 202=203)
- Am 204 (Busoi) was defeated (access to emergency services in case of catastrophe)
- CA 6 (art26) on access to emergency services was adopted, consequently all ams to Art. 26 fell, including am 215, 217, 216, 42, 221
- Am 228 (non-geographic numbers)was not put to the vote, since CA5 was adopted
- Am 237 (information and investigation in case of limitations/restrictions on access or use) was adopted
- CA 7 (art 33) on consultation with interested parties was adopted
- CA 4 on recitals to art. 20, 21, 22(3) was adopted in two parts (split vote requested by PES)
- Consolidated AM 1(Art. 30(5) new) on contract duration - max 24 months "